Thursday, July 1, 2010

Here is a list of 5 things I would do more of if I didn't have kids.

1) drink booze
2) write more
3) drink red wine
4) drink things mixed with rum
5) sleep

So you can see that parenting has been a godsend for my liver, but maybe a little rough on the writing practice. I adore my children. I love to write. When I let life, work, parenting, baseball practice (the list goes on) get in the way of writing I feel guilty. Then again when I'm writing I also feel guilty for taking the time away from snuggling and reading books to my kids. So it balances itself out. I'm pretty sure that's not the good type of "balance" all those life coaches blather on and on about.

I love writing. It is the one thing that always been there for me, never disappointed, bored, fled or failed me. Its the best part of my life. Except for my children. Writing has never been hard. Making life work around the writing is the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment